Sunday, June 14, 2009

Second String

For about a month now, I've been the first string bedtime person in our house. If I'm in the house at bedtime, Pumpkin insists that I should be the one to get her to sleep.

In fact, she's in a bit of a mommy-centric phase all around.

However, my parents came over this weekend to see Pumpkin. Pumpkin was thrilled to see her Mimi and Boppa again- its been couple of months since they were last over. And suddenly, I've been demoted to second string. Tonight, I was allowed to read the bedtime stories, but when it was time for her to go to sleep, she wanted Mimi. I said, "Pumpkin, its time to get in bed. Mommy will snuggle you to sleep." And she said, "I wan' Mimi to snuggle me," and went to the door. "Hopen it," she demanded. When I opened the door, she called out "Miii-miii!" much like she usually calls "Mooo-meee!" when Hubby tries to get her to sleep.

I ceded my spot in the bedroom without complaint. I suppose I could be hurt by my new second string status. But really, its been great- I've gotten heaps done this weekend. (This is , in fact, why my parents are here this weekend. Hubby and I have a massive to do list and we weren't making much progress on it with Pumpkin always trying to help us.)

My parents go home on Tuesday. I suspect I'll be back to my first string status at bedtime. But it sure will be hard to go back to getting almost nothing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the CAPTCHA, folks. The spammers were stealing too much of my time.